Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Day!



When I think about the New Year and all of the possibilities and resolutions we all make it gets me thinking that each day is like that with the Lord.  It reminds me of the song with the chorus, "Today is the day, You have made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it! And I won't worry about tomorrow. I'm trusting in what You say, today is the day!"  I know this song is taken straight from bible verses and it rings so true to me in this season of my life.  There comes a time, I believe, in all of our Christian walks that God has to make clear to us who we need to put our hope and trust in.  Who we need to worship.  Who we need to make the center of our lives.  And in that process of learning to rejoice and be glad regardless of the circumstances.  He is the reason we sing!  Who other than God can bring joy in great sadness?  Who other than the author and finisher of our faith can give us utter peace when we feel such heartache?  The possibilities for today are endless just as the possibilities for this coming year are.  But what my focus has be directed to is today.  Today is the day to rejoice and sing His praises for what He has done and what He will do if we will let Him in.  I am so very thankful for the trials my Lord has brought me through.  I am so grateful that He has a purpose beyond what I can imagine.  I am so grateful that although I may try and fit Him into my little mold He is faithful to show me in all His wisdom and glory how much more He is.  I serve an awesome God who can work in the hearts of even the most stubborn willful humans like myself.  There is no greater love.  As I reflect on last year and the year before it seems they run together.  We had so many trials as a family, one after the other it seems like a dense fog that we just muddled through.  But as I also look back on the struggles, I look back on the victories.  Not victories in the sense that we as humans would like to define them.  You know, everything was made right, all problems solved and are no longer there.  But victory in His definition.  Victory in the sense that we know He is the same.  We know we can turn to Him and he will be our Comforter, or Counselor, our Prince of Peace.  This is victory in Jesus! So rejoice!  Praise His holy Name!  And expect the unexpected in 2011=)


Psalms 30:5...."weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment