Friday, January 13, 2012

This Momma Thing

Ok so here we are...smack dab in the middle of teenage years and I'm thinking..."Where was I when this happened?"  Despite all of the obvious feelings of feeling old or not old enough to have teenagers, wishing I had more time with them, wanting them to be those sweet little ones I remember...I'm trying to be not only ok with this season in life but rejoice in it.  God is working in this house I tell ya.  He is cleaning out the closets, breaking chains, dismissing all pride and just molding us through all of this life stuff.  So much of what I want gets me falling back to old habits of do this, and do that to be just right.  No.  We will live according to His laws but we WILL live rejoicing in His mercy, grace, and redemption that was accomplished on the cross!  These kids are finding themselves.  They are trying to figure this thing out too.  Oh how I want to be a balanced example of what they should strive for.  But when I'm not, when I fall short...I want to be continuously pointing them to the One who will not and does not ever.  I am reminded and encouraged that so many of us mommas want the same thing.  Have the same struggles.  Really are living out this walk as I am and are not a perfect picture of what we all want to be.  I need Jesus.  Daily.  My verse this week: "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"-Philippians 1:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment